Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, Happy New Year...

I'm not much of one for New Year resolutions - okay, I'm still keeping a 10 year old resolution not to make any more resolutions - but now does seem an appropriate time to look to the future. Xmas is always busy for me, but more so this year with a ton of stuff at work and then my first trip back to the UK in 5 years. A whistle stop tour of xmas, family, xmas, friends and family and I'm back home with just 2 days to reflect on where I go from here.

The answer, of course, is to work harder. Or to be precise, find more time to write. That includes this blog (more reviews/I-liked-it-you-might bits, more random notes), novels and novellas (and submitting queries - Lord how I hate that), and I guess, more short stories. I know some people snatch a few minutes here and there to write but I need a habit and plenty of time to myself if I'm going to get things done. Self-indulgent, I know.

One thing I really, really must do is write more reviews on Amazon. Especially for self-published and smaller publishers, everybody says they really help sales. So if I like a book, I aim to have a quick review up here and on Amazon within a day or two, instead of thinking 'yeah, that was good. I'll tell someone about it when I remember'. And the reason I'll be able to do it so quickly and reliably is because I will already be here, at the computer, procrastinating on that damned query letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment