Saturday, April 21, 2012

Anthology Awareness Week...

Last year we had some great e-published anthologies and looks like this year will see more of the same. The line up for Pulp Ink 2 has just been announced, and as someone said over at Death By Killing, it's like an all-star team.




JAMES EVERINGTON
KIERAN SHEA
BV LAWSON
COURT MERRIGAN
MATTHEW C. FUNK
JULIA MADELEINE
R THOMAS BROWN
KATHERINE TOMLINSON
HEATH LOWRANCE
ANDREZ BERGEN
PATTI ABBOTT
WD COUNTY
JOE CLIFFORD
CINDY ROSMUS
KEVIN BROWN
MIKE MINER
CHRISTOPHER BLACK
RICHARD GODWIN
ERIC BEETNER

Down near the bottom of that list you might just notice a newcomer amongst the heavy-hitters. That's right, little ol' me. Between the same covers as Merrigan, Funk, Abbott, Lowrance, and over a dozen other fantastic writers (including Eric Beetner, who also contributed the awesome cover).

Thanks to Snubnose Press and the hard work of editors Chris Rhatigan and Nigel Bird, it should be out sometime in July.




You don't have to wait that long for a great anthology, though. Heath Lowrance is putting together his own gang, including several great writers (and personal favourites) and a couple of writers I don't know but am eager to get acquainted with. After all, they're in good company. I'm sure you'll agree when you check out the details of Burning Bridges at Psycho Noir. And as if that lineup weren't enough, he's putting it out for FREE. Available on May 1st.




But we're not finished there. Not by a long shot, because also in May we have True Brit Grit, edited by Luca Veste and the tireless Paul D Brazill. A bumper crop of 45 Brit Grit stories await. So many of my favourite crime stories right now are coming out of the UK (not least by the two editors) and it's no secret that I loved Brit Grit Too, so my mouth is already watering. Expect it sometime next month, and expect my blog to go quiet for a few days after it's released. Don't write, don't phone. I'll be busy.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug, Christopher, and congratulations on Pulp Ink 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christopher, a pleasure to be in Pulp Ink 2 with you. See you between the pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be damn glad to read you in PI2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Likewise Julia, thanks a lot guys. I'm thrilled that my debut publishing credit is amongst such a talented bunch of writers.

    And I see that Burning Bridges is either free OR for charity. Brilliant!

    These charity anthologies are a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work with the write-up here, Christopher, and am chuffed too, being on Pulp Ink 2 with such a cool crew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Andrez. I couldn't be happier than seeing my name included in such a great line-up.

    ReplyDelete