Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Publications and Other News...

- Pulp Ink 2: Chris Rhatigan and Nigel Bird have done a fantastic job as editors, and the charity anthology is with publishers Snubnose Press. Amongst a whole host of great writers is my little story, Topless Vampire Bitches of the SS. Available any day now. I've had a sneak preview and guess what: It's fricking awesome!

- About the time that I was editing TVBotSS, S.O. gave her first paper at an art conference. She attended by Skype to present a collaborative effort with a friend/ partner in the UK. AND, their paper was one of the few to be picked up for publication in a resulting journal. She's working on the final edits now, and the only thing that makes me happier than her success is the fact that with PI2 I will just about beat her to print publication.

- My story Dirty Beaches, published at A Twist of Noir last year, has been nominated by Christopher Grant to be considered for a new Otto Penzler edited anthology. The story is with Mr Penzler now, so I'm waiting to hear on that, but I'm going with the just so happy to have made it this far line.

- On its way to Mr Penzler, my story passed through the hands of a famous literary agent, who has emailed me to ask if I have anything longer to show him. And I do. I have lots of longer work, so instead of writing this I should really be sitting down to knock out a synopsis and editing my last completed novel. And that's what I'm going to do now.

- I have also completed the first draft of a crime novella. It needs plenty of editing and tidying up but I'm pretty pleased with the result. Unfortunately, nobody is interested in looking at it right now, but hopefully more places will be accepting submissions by the time I've done some more work on it. Otherwise I may just, possibly, perhaps, dip my toes into the chilly waters of self-publishing. Hmmm, more thought needed on that.

So that's where I'm at. With plenty to be getting on with and, inbetween, hopefully I'll be able to knock out a few more short stories. And hopefully some people will publish them, somewhere. Because that would be great.

3 comments:

  1. All great news. Looking forward to reading TVBOTSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I've received the same email I believe. I'm happy your work is being praised too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, well I didn't think I was the only one, Ben. Actually I know of at least one other person who got the same email this time, and one who received similar in the past. Still, nice to have our names mentioned in the higher echelons.

    ReplyDelete