Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Week in the Boneyard...


When the aspirin and coffee kicked in I walked a few blocks and bought a paper. I carried it back to the Flame and ordered some solid food. By the time it came all the physical symptoms of the hangover were gone. I still felt a profound weariness of the spirit, but I would just have to learn to live with that.

-A Ticket to the Boneyard
Lawrence Block


I've decided that this week is Scudder Week.

I don't think I really need to explain that.

Although someone should explain the terrible covers Scudder had suffered from down the years. My copy is the top one, by Orion. Some in the series are alright but not Boneyard, and none of them are great. The man deserves better. But did he ever get it? Did he ever get what he deserves?

No. No, I don't think he did. I don't think any of us ever do. I'll wake up tomorrow just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment